Theme: Farm Animals
Objectives: children will identify farm animals and learn about farm life
- Ask: Who likes pigs, and cows, and ducks, etc.?
- Who has visited a farm?
- Identify farm animals by name and sounds
- Match Mom/Dad and baby
- Look at large farm animal pictures
- Pantomime animal sounds and walk
- Farm Animal Video
- Each day of the week, the children will paint a farm animal using tempera paint
- Finger painting
- Create a pig or cow using teacher’s cutouts
- Drawing using favorite colors
Books and Music will be curated to reinforce the farm theme.
Questions to ask your child:
Do you know where cows (pigs, chickens, etc.) live? What sound does a cow, or a pig make?